Sizing Up Circumcision
Data collected by sex researcher and Twitter (ahem... X) personality Aella sheds light on changing attitudes surrounding circumcision. The data, which was curated and shared by author and documentary filmmaker Brendon Marotta, includes some interesting insights.
- 62.5% of respondents said circumcision of minors should be banned
- 62.6% of respondents said circumcision of infants is unethical
- 74.1% believe that any medically unnecessary surgery on an infant's genitals should be illegal
- Over 43% of circumcised men and 90% of uncircumcised men said they would not circumcise their male children
- Over 40% of circumcised men would pay to get their foreskin back
Circumcision Survey Data
The Cultural Currents Institute is a full-service firm specializing in fields like marketing consulting, CPG marketing, branding, UX strategy, and more. We compile data on pressing cultural questions in order to better understand public perception and advise our clients.